1. Soy wax is cleaner burning. Paraffin wax comes from petroleum processing while soy wax comes from soybeans.
2. It is biodegradable and a renewable resource. Using soy products also helps support American farmers.
3. Soy wax is easier to clean up than paraffin. Spills can be cleaned up easily with soap and water.
4. Candles made with soy wax burn for a longer time. And they burn cooler with less soot.
5. Soy wax is less expensive than beeswax, another natural alternative.
If you are going green in other areas of your life, you may want to consider using soy wax more. It is most often used in making container candles. Many experts say that making soy container candles is extremely easy. My experience so far agrees with that. There are new blends now that combine soy wax with other natural waxes so it can be used for pillar candles.
For more information about soy wax you can visit these two websites:
To buy soy wax at an affordable price, you can visit Candlewic.com. They currently offer low prices and coupons for additional savings. They also carry the EcoSoya pillar blend wax to make pillar and molded candles.
It is also available at GeneralWax.com for a good price.
Enjoy your candle making adventures and give soy a try if you haven’t yet.